Thursday 6 March 2014

I printed out and traced the fonts I was looking at for using as a title on my final piece. I then painted them with gold ink. I chose gold because it was one of the two colours (along with turf-green) which was the most common in the world of horse racing:


My favourite font in the gold colour is the second one down (Birds of Paradise). It looks traditional, and therefore ties in with the world of racing. It also looks quite similar the William Hill (one of the biggest horse race betting companies in the UK) font which they use in their logo:


HOWEVER
I am still undecided as to whether I use such as elaborate font, as every year, immediately after the Grand National has finished and the winner weighed in and confirmed, the horses name is added to the official list of winners on display at the Aintree Racecourse. The font used for this is a non-italic sans-serif font, hand painted in gold:



No comments:

Post a Comment