Friday 4 April 2014

THE BIG DAY HAS ARRIVED

*THE CRABBIES GRAND NATIONAL 2014* 


I'd better get my bets on...

Time to see if my research has paid off. Based almost entirely on what the horse looks like, and not focusing their form, the three horses I have picked for the big race are:

(9) BALTHAZAR KING




(1) TIDAL BAY



(4) TRIOLO D'ALENE



All three horses are relatively similar in their conformation, two being bay and one chestnut. Not to big, not to small. Not to compact, not too rangey. They all look as though they are powerful enough to take on the worlds toughest steeplechase without the risk of tiring from carrying too much weighty muscle.



Even if they do not win, I would love it if they all finished or were at least not brought down by other fallers. This would mean that my way of choosing a Grand National winner, based on the horses conformation and not form, could become a valid method for picking a winner for future races.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment